Now that I can no longer pick up the phone and order a pizza, what to make on a lazy Sunday evening. Honestly, I am less hungry (and three pounds lighter) since starting on my new meal plan, and with three avocados and a ton of veggies in the house, guacamole seemed the way to go.
Want to make it yourself? Sure you do. It’s as easy as uno, dos, tres.
A simple, yet tasty and tangy, guacamole with only 6 ingredients, perfect for dipping veggies for carb-free deliciousness.
- 1 Hass avocado
- 1 juicy lime, juiced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 -5 sprigs of cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (I all about Pink Himalayan Salt)
- 1/8 tsp chipotle chile powder or cayenne pepper
- Halve avocado. Remove seed by implanting the blade of your knife in it and giving it a gentle twist (this sounds kinky to me, but that shouldn't really be a surprise). Scoop flesh into a bowl. Save shells for serving, if desired.
- Add lime juice to bowl and roughly mash avocado, leaving some chunks.
- Make a paste by mashing chopped garlic with salt,use the edge of your knife, and stir into mashed avocado along with the cilantro.
- Spoon mixture into avocado shells and sprinkle with chipotle or cayenne. Go easy, you can always add more. Me, I like it when the pepper makes my lips tingle. So sexy.
- Grab whatever veggies you have in the house and dip away.
I used sugar snap peas, carrots and celery but you could do anything you had on hand, broccoli, cauliflower, snow peas, cucumber, etc.
Another option, for those avoiding corn products, greasy nacho chips or going gluten-free, is brown rice crackers.
And since I’ve been so good all week, and so has my house guest, Twanna, (she’s kind of had no choice, poor thing) I’ll be making dessert tonight. And it will involve an avocado. Recipe to follow.