This is the recipe that inspired my Bawdy Berries post. So, while it’s a quick breakfast to put together, hence Lazy Girl, be sure to take the time you saved cooking and savor those warm, plump, luscious berries. Make it one of your moments of zen for the day.
A quick, easy, heart-healthy, sexy breakfast of oatmeal (that can be made gluten-free) brimming with blueberries warmed to bursting and glazed with sticky honey.
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats (for a gluten-free meal use certified gluten-free oats)
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup frozen (or fresh) blueberries
- 1 Tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 Tbsp pumpkin honey
- salt to taste
- Please oats in microwave safe bowl. This is the Lazy (or in a rush) Girl's breakfast.
- Mix in almond milk, blueberries, almond butter and salt.
- Microwave on high for approximately 3 minutes. Stir in between if your microwave doesn't rotate.
- Remove from microwave and let sit for a minute or two to absorb liquid.
- Drizzle with honey.