It’s an all avocado weekend here it seems. First we had veggies and guacamole, zesty with lime and zingy with garlic and chipotle, for dinner. And to treat myself for a week of damn healthy eating – if you ask nicely I’ll let you see my food journal – I’ve whipped out my Blendtec and whipped up a batch of raw avocado chocolate pudding. And it’s awesome, so awesome that I’d be remiss not to share the recipe with you. So go forth and treat yo’self.
- 1 ripe Hass avocado (do not attempt this with an unripe avocado, you will be sorry, trust)
- 1/2 cup homemade almond milk (made with raw almonds) or store bought
- 1-1/2 TBSP raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 15 drops liquid stevia (you can also use honey, maple syrup or agave to sweeten instead)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of chipotle chile powder or cayenne.
- Optional toppings: raw cacao nibs, raw almonds, raspberries
- Halve and scoop flesh from avocado.
- Add almond milk, to Blendtec (or food processor), followed by avocado, raw cacao powder, vanilla, stevia, cinnamon, salt, chipotle powder.
- Blend or process until smooth and creamy.
- Taste to adjust sweetness. Raw cacao seems to require plenty of sweetness to round it out. If using stevia, add two or three drops at a time until you've achieved your ideal balance.
- Spoon into serving dishes and top with raw almonds and cacao nibs. Don't skip adding something crunchy! The contrast of smooth and velvety with crispy is fabulous.